Suma Home Care is an in-home health care service provider that assists individuals and families.
We are dedicated to helping our clients lead dignified, independent lifestyles in the comfort and safety of their own homes by carefully assessing and fully understanding their needs and selectively placing trained caregivers to meet our client needs.
Our employees are covered by comprehensive liability insurance, they are bonded and have undergone criminal background checks.
Our employees are not only qualified, but are also compassionate, dependable, and trustworthy individuals who respect privacy and maintain confidentiality.
WHAT SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
We are available – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Including Public holidays our experienced team of professionals provide expert medical care including:
In Home Assessments:
Non-medical Assessments are conducted to find clients' functioning capabilities, to identify their needs, and to determine what services are required to assist them attain and maintain optimum independence.
Nursing Assessments are an expanded version of the Non-medical Assessment as they more thoroughly examine and identify health conditions, levels of care required, and appropriate medical interventions. If indicated, coordination of care with other health professionals can be arranged.
In both situations, assessors may review subsidization possibilities, develop Care Plans, make referrals, and arrange for Service Delivery Schedules according to the clients' wishes.
- Heavier cleaning such as spring-cleaning, light fixtures, and washing walls and windows.
- Planning, cooking, and serving meals.
- Baking for holidays and special occasions.
- Monitoring and motivating regular diet plans.
- Transporting clients to social activities and appointments.
- Running errands and shopping for clients or transporting clients to carry out these activities.
- Assisting with mail, correspondence, and payment of bills.
- Providing respite and palliative care.
- Serving as companions and participating in friendly socialization activities.
- Assisting with entertainment preparations, hosting, serving and/or cleanup.
- Packing household goods when changing residences.
- Caring for pets including feeding, exercising, cleaning litter boxes, cleaning birdcages, taking to grooming appointments or to the Vet.
- Caring for plants.
- Monitoring clients' safety, comfort and welfare by contacting them by phone or by making home visit(s).
- Checking interior conditions of homes while residents are away and ensuring the exteriors reflect an "at-home" appearance.
- Assisting with grooming needs such as hair care, shaving, cleaning teeth and routine nail care. Supervising or assisting with tub baths, showers, sponge baths, and bed baths.
- Providing routine skin care such as applying lotion to dry skin.
- Assisting with dressing and undressing.
- Assisting with mobilization activities including turning, transferring, exercising, and walking.
- Assisting with toilet and/or commode needs.
- Assisting with eating or feeding.
- Assisting with self-administered medications by reminding client to take them at the prescribed time(s) and/or following up to ensure they are taken.
- Monitoring vital signs such as blood pressures, pulse and respiration.
- Providing respite and palliative care.
24-Hour/ Live-In Assistance
For our clients whose circumstances require 24-hour, live-in care, we will typically provide our most experienced and qualified caregivers. There are two different options for live-in care.
- The first option is the most common whereby a caregiver spends 24-hours in your household with a full 8 hour overnight sleeping break and intermittent breaks throughout the day. The caregiver is available on an emergency basis during their sleeping break.
- The second option provides "awake and alert" care around the clock whereby a caregiver is available at all hours (with the exception of standard breaks). This care is typically handled in shifts of two (sometimes three) caregivers for clients that need frequent and constant attention throughout all hours of the day.
Benefits of Live-in Care:
For nearly the same cost as a nursing home, a client receives one-on-one care from a devoted Caregiver and is able to remain in their own home