Hourly & 24-Hour Home Care
What is Hourly Home Care?
Hourly home care can be provided daily or "as-needed". Some clients need 4 hours of care per day, while others need 8-12 hours of care. Suma Home Care Caregivers assist our clients with daily activities, allowing them to maintain their normal routines. Our care team will assist with daily living activities including bathing, personal grooming, dressing, meal preparation, incontinence care, medication reminders, transportation and much more. The benefit of hourly care is that your loved one can remain in their home with continued independence while receiving the support necessary to maintain their health and a fulfilling lifestyle.
What is 24-Hour Home Care?
24-hour home care means that there will be someone in the home at all times to cater to a client's health needs. This means that someone is with the client day and night. There is no lapse in time, so you never have to worry about breaks or sleeping caregivers.
Supervision is maximized with home care, so the client never needs to worry about their own well-being when they sleep.
Caregivers are also more refreshed, alert and able to meet the needs of the patient more effectively. It’s a great option for anyone that has serious health or medical needs that can arise at any time.
It's also a great option for clients with dementia, who tend to wander or be "awake" in the middle of the night and need someone to talk to or to reassure them that everything is ok.
Get Help with Info & Pricing
Let's Get Started
While Suma Home Care cannot replace the love and support of an elderly person’s family, our caregivers provide helpful and necessary services that may be needed throughout the day. Our services can lighten the workload and ensure peace of mind. Examples of our home services include:
- Companionship & Conversation
- Medication & Appointment Reminders
- Meal Planning, Preparation & Clean-Up
- Light Housekeeping, Laundry & Ironing
- Escort to Appointments, Lunch or Dinner
- Provide a Stable Bathing Environment
- Oversee Home Deliveries & Maintenance
- Clothing Selection & Dressing Assistance
- Assist with Pet Care
- Reading Magazines, Papers & Books
- Assist with Walking
- Letter Writing & Correspondence
- Monitor Diet, Eating & Food Expirations
- Play Mind Stimulating Games
- Care of House Plants
- Discuss Current & Historical Events
- Participate in Crafts & Games
- Record & Arrange Recipes
- Prepare Grocery List
- Rent, Play & Discuss Movies
- Airport Assistance
- Organize Mail, Bills & Letters
- Assist with Gardening
- Plan Visits, Outings, & Trips
- Visit Neighbors & Friends
- Maintain Client Calendar
- Morning/Bedtime Care
- Attend Religious Services
- Record Family History
- Take Out Garbage
- Arrange Appointments
- Change Linens & Make Beds
- Pick Up Prescriptions
- Organize & Clean Closets
- Grocery & General Shopping
- Answer the Door & Telephone
- Reminisce About the Past
- Prepare Future Meals
- Attend Plays & Club Meetings
- And Much More…