When it comes to receiving the right care to maintain your independence, Suma Home Care understands. Our advanced home care focuses on meeting the individual’s needs in order to maximize their quality of life. When it comes to diabetes management, maintaining the correct blood sugar levels are essential for retaining good health. According to the CDC, the number of diagnosed diabetics rose to 21 million people in 2014. Diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetics make up 9.3% of the country! With this number in mind, our certified staff works diligently to help our patients achieve nominal levels of health in order fully enjoy the years ahead. If you or a loved one are looking for skilled nursing services in Delaware County, we can help! Suma Home Care, Inc., offers comprehensive home health services for Pennsylvanians. Our service and technology work together to provide complete, accurate service plan for our patients.
Suma Home Care is not lacking when it comes to comprehensive health services. Our skilled nursing staff is trained and knowledgeable in a number of services, including:
- Issue assessment. If you’re dealing with high blood sugar levels after dinner or low levels in the morning, chances are that some factor is not being properly addressed. We can help to identify and correct any actions or medications that may be causing problems.
- Life coaching. From eating better to exercising enough, our staff will strive to educate our patients on the importance of proper habits. We can offer assistance with a dietician to ensure correct dieting. Eating and moving correctly can do much to help Type 1 and 2 diabetics.
- Risk assessment. Our qualified therapists can assist with preventive measures such as fall prevention and neuropathy testing. They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and we couldn’t agree more!
- Lab testing. Ranging from A1c testing to urinalysis, diabetics require numerous examinations in order to ensure optimal health. Catching any heart issues can also serve to prevent future cardiac management needs. If anything seems out of place, we want to address it as soon as possible!
- Coordination. Communication is an important part of any health plan. Our nurses will coordinate with facilities and physicians to ensure that every step is taken in order to keep our patients happy and healthy. We can also communicate with the family on our patient’s behalf in order to keep all parties in the loop.
- Daily needs. From checking blood sugar levels to administering shots or pills, our skilled nursing staff is trained to deliver medications in a calm, consistent manner. Providing continuous, diligent care on a daily basis is the core for our success.
Diabetes is a lifelong, chronic illness that affects nearly a tenth of our country. Here at Suma Home Care, we believe that diabetes can be managed so that it feels like more of an obligation than an illness. With proper dieting, exercise, and management, this autoimmune disease can be properly handled. If you or a loved one are looking for skilled nursing in Delaware County, you’ve come to the right place! Suma Home Care also offers advanced home care for Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties Contact us today to find out how our professionals can help to improve your life!